So the core issue with the app is now solved. That said the API changes means a few things won’t work anymore.
Garmin asked people to stop using the information that comes from Garmin Connect and their website. It means that the following can’t be accessed by ConnectStats:
- Any name or activity type modification on the Garmin Connect website will not be seen or picked up by ConnectStats
- Activities that are not coming from a Garmin device directly but linked into your Garmin Connect account, like Zwift, and others will not be available into ConnectStats
- History of activities will only start to appear after you opened ConnectStats for the first time. If you have been a long time user that’s not an issue, but new users will only see their activities going forward
Some of these can be mitigated if you also use Strava, for history for example, if you have both Strava and ConnectStats enabled, it will try to merge the two.
Going forward it will not be possible for me to fix and get the information from Garmin as they are the one who asked me to turn it off. Some things I could do going forward but it will take some time:
- Implement the ability to change the name or the activity type in the app.
- Implement the ability to use a new Garmin API to download some history
This will be dependent on me getting the time to work on it.
Please note that the API was officially turned off by Garmin in 2014, but they tolerated ConnectStats use of their web API until now, so I am grateful. They introduced a new API in 2019, and as I always said if they ask me to turn off the access to the old web API, I would and they did so I did…
I thank everyone for their support and patience.