ConnectStats is an activity viewer for Garmin Connect. It lets you review your activities, search, analysis, plot and see basic statistics on all your data collected in garmin connect from your iphone or ipad. You can read some of the motivation behind the app here or check the blog
- Detailled report on your activities, with
laps break down, map gradient, graphs and statistics
- Use gradient color to visually see on the map your heart rate, speed, power or cadence
- Calendar view of your activities
- Activity search
- Monthly/Weekly summary statistics of your activities
- Year to date or Month to date statistics
- Monthly/Weekly/Detailled Historical report and graphs on any collected data
- Display scatter plots, trend lines for both historical and track data.
- Best Rolling Plots, histograms.
- Support multiple garmin connect account simultaneously with multiple profiles.
- Support most activity types, including support for lap swimming activities from GarminSwim or Forerunner 910
- Display the location name for your activities.
- Derived metrics (stride length, Power kJ,…),
- Calculated and auto laps for arbitrary distances or time. Let’s you see you split time or distance, fastest km, etc
- Display time in zone for power and heart rate. Zones are downloaded from garmin connect.
- Best Rolling plots and lap for HR, pace and power (Critical Power Plot)
Goal of the Program
- Goal is to provide convenient and full access to all our data from your mobile device.
- The app was tested with data from forerunner, garminswim, garmin edge, garmin fenix and garmin fit app.
- It’s intended to handle large numbers of activities (tested with 2000 activities and with activities up to 6h long). For such large archives the initial download can be a bit long, especially if you have an older phone.
- The app will not let you record any activities, but only display data uploaded from Garmin Connect.
- when you start the program you will be prompted for your user name and password.
- the app will then start downloading activities from garmin connect.
- Note that this process can be quite slow if you have a lot of activities. For instance, 600 activities can take up to 3min on iphone 4, but much less than 1 minute on an iphone 5.
- You can interrupt the process at any time and it will restart where it left it when you restart the app and start refreshing.
- While it’s downloading you should be able to look at already downloaded activities but the performance will be slower than after full download completed. If any error occur during that process restart the app and it should restart the download where it left of.
- If you have issue connecting check the trouble shooting section
How to use it
- You can refresh by pulling down the activity list
- You can navigate the different tabs and touching most data will let you drill down on that number.
- You can touch a graph or the gear button to rotate through the different graphs options or bring in the graph full screen.
- You can reload an activity to update changes in garmin connect by pulling down on the detail tab
- You can see full history of any field by selecting the field name in the stats page
- You can drag to the right the detail view to reveal the sharing page for Google earth or facebook/tweater sharing
- You can tap the name of an activity to rename it. This will rename it also on Garmin Connect.
- If an activity was deleted on garmin connect, select it in the app and pull down to refresh. It will then delete it from the app.
- If you setup the withings service in the settings page, you should see in the details page the closest weight to that date and in the stats an extra scatter plot versus your weight. Currently to refresh you’ll have to go back to the settings page and press refresh. More graphs, auto refresh, etc will be added in later versions.
- You can setup strava synchronization. In that case any activity you display in the detail pane will automatically be synchronized to strava
Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- This app is not associated in any way, shape or form to Garmin. I am just an independent hobbyist who built this mostly for myself and making it available to others. This is using internet services provided by garmin which display the following license.
- Withings is a registered trademark and service mark of Withings, Inc. ConnectStats is designed for use with the Withings platform. This product is not put out by Withings, and Withings does not service or warrant the functionality of this product.
- The icons were bought form shutterstock and glyphish
- If I did something inappropriate please let me know and I’ll correct it.
- Some users initial login fails despite correct name/pwd – investigating, work around seems to uninstall/reinstall the app
- Rename an activity will failed if you use non standard characters
- Speed and Pace graph in the details window are identifcal – fixing
If you have a crash or issues with some activities you can send a bug report from the settings tab
Love this app!Been using for years. All of my cycling statistics in one great app. Love it!By Patman63 for Version 3.6.2
Excellent AppThis little program lets you have quick access to your data and view either big picture (many years) or details with ease. It's not as glitzy as the main apps but a very nice addition to the standard Garmin or Strava visualizations.By UP Snowblower for Version 3.6.2
Brilliant appPerforms brilliantly, very user friendly and helpful for me wanting to see route or stats on previous rides. One of the more useful apps out thereBy Abercrombie1968 for Version 3.6.2
Loads of dataGreat for Garmin devices. Lots of graphs that I can't get in Garmin Connect.By Jay T Doggzone for Version 3.6.2
The BestBeen using for yrs!By BTabor for Version 3.6.2
❤️❤️❤️ this app!!!I could not ❤️ this app more than I already do! I am happy to have an app that combines all of my fitness info and activities in one place! I LOVE the activity overview page the most, but the specific info provided for each activity is invaluable!By MelisaThornton for Version 3.6.2
Good appImproved graphs, still a little confusing. Feature rich. Works well with Garmin. Developer is very responsive in keeping the app up and running as well as making improvements. This warranted a 5th star.By MIles Dunn for Version 3.6.2
Fabulous productProvides detailed information in much easier way to access then using a web browser with garmin connect.By davepmcc for Version 3.6.2
GreatMy favorite cycling appBy rsharritt for Version 3.6.2
A Favorite AppThis is a great app! It has everything I want to see for my runs and rides at a glance. I especially like being able to quickly scroll through several years of activity to find a particular event. I highly recommend this app to view your Garmin activities.By Bankers2 for Version 3.6.2