ConnectStats is an activity viewer for Garmin Connect. It lets you review your activities, search, analysis, plot and see basic statistics on all your data collected in garmin connect from your iphone or ipad. You can read some of the motivation behind the app here or check the blog
This app is open source on github
- Detailled report on your activities, with
laps break down, map gradient, graphs and statistics
- Use gradient color to visually see on the map your heart rate, speed, power or cadence
- Calendar view of your activities
- Activity search
- Monthly/Weekly summary statistics of your activities
- Year to date or Month to date statistics
- Monthly/Weekly/Detailled Historical report and graphs on any collected data
- Display scatter plots, trend lines for both historical and track data.
- Best Rolling Plots, histograms.
- Support multiple garmin connect account simultaneously with multiple profiles.
- Support most activity types, including support for lap swimming, ski, run bike, …
- Display the location name for your activities.
- Derived metrics (stride length, Power kJ,…),
- Calculated and auto laps for arbitrary distances or time. Let’s you see you split time or distance, fastest km, etc
- Display time in zone for power and heart rate. Zones are downloaded from garmin connect.
- Best Rolling plots and lap for HR, pace and power (Critical Power Plot), including running power (from Stryd or other devices)
This app can import information from your Health Data like the weight to add it to the analysis of your fitness
Goal of the Program
- First Goal is to provide convenient and full access to all our data from your mobile device.
- Second Goal is to implement all type of advanced analysis on your data that I couldn’t find in other programs
- The app was tested with data from forerunner, garminswim, garmin edge, garmin fenix and garmin fit app.
- It’s intended to handle large numbers of activities (tested with several thousands activities and with activities up to 6h long). For such large archives the initial download can be a bit long, especially if you have an older phone.
- The app will not let you record any activities, but only display data uploaded from Garmin Connect.
- when you start the program you will be have to choose and enable download for the service of your choice.
- Garmin services: you can choose the connectstats service, which will pop up a login message or to download from the website in which case you will have to enter your user name and password.
- Strava: upon first refresh, the strava login page will popup.
- the app will then start downloading activities when you refresh by pulling down on the activity list
- Note that this process can be quite slow if you have a lot of activities. Note that in addition if you use the ConnectStats service for Garmin, the very first time will required a synchronisation that can take some time.
- You can interrupt the process at any time and it will restart where it left it when you restart the app and start refreshing.
- While it’s downloading you should be able to look at already downloaded activities but the performance will be slower than after full download completed. If any error occur during that process restart the app and it should restart the download where it left of.
- If you have issue connecting check the trouble shooting section
How to use it
- You can refresh by pulling down the activity list
- You can navigate the different tabs and touching most data will let you drill down on that number.
- You can touch a graph or the gear button to rotate through the different graphs options or bring in the graph full screen.
- You can reload an activity to update changes in garmin connect by pulling down on the detail tab
- You can see full history of any field by selecting the field name in the stats page
- You can drag to the right the detail view to reveal the sharing page for Google earth or facebook/tweater sharing
- You can tap the name of an activity to rename it. This will rename it also on Garmin Connect.
- If an activity was deleted on garmin connect, select it in the app and pull down to refresh. It will then delete it from the app.
- If you setup the withings service in the settings page, you should see in the details page the closest weight to that date and in the stats an extra scatter plot versus your weight. Currently to refresh you’ll have to go back to the settings page and press refresh. More graphs, auto refresh, etc will be added in later versions.
- You can setup strava synchronization. In that case any activity you display in the detail pane will automatically be synchronized to strava
Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- This app is not associated in any way, shape or form to Garmin. I am just an independent hobbyist who built this mostly for myself and making it available to others. This is using internet services provided by garmin which display the following license.
- Withings is a registered trademark and service mark of Withings, Inc. ConnectStats is designed for use with the Withings platform. This product is not put out by Withings, and Withings does not service or warrant the functionality of this product.
- The icons were bought form shutterstock and glyphish
- If I did something inappropriate please let me know and I’ll correct it.
- Some users initial login fails despite correct name/pwd – investigating, work around seems to uninstall/reinstall the app
- Rename an activity will failed if you use non standard characters
- Speed and Pace graph in the details window are identifcal – fixing
If you have a crash or issues with some activities you can send a bug report from the settings tab
Developer is GREAT !My previous review from Friday (5/22/20), stayed that the last update ruined a perfectly good app.. I am here to amend that review and add a little. The developer made contact with me and through bug reports and emails with screen shots and the developer’s persistence, I’m hoping the issue is corrected. A configuration tab had been turned off somehow. Thanks to the developer’s help, it was located and turned back on. Mad props to him for his help and persistence. Now......off to create some data to see if all is well.By Sizalicious for Version 6.0
Awesome appI absolutely love this app and use it every day. It presents so much information in such an intuitive, visually pleasing, and simple manner. I only wish the official Garmin app could be this functional. I will often browse this app 5x as much as the official Garmin app. It’s that good.By westelsdon for Version 5.5.1
Straight up excellentI don’t write many reviews but ConnectStats deserves one. I use Garmin connect and Strava but to compare volume and count ConneftStats is simpler and superior. It takes Garmin and/or Strava data directly and although the display appears basic, they are highly detailed and comprehensive. It will give you more detail and more insightful information about your exercise than the other app but it isn’t a replacement to them. It’s not replacing strava or Garmin Connect. I love this app and would suffer less understanding about my workouts without itBy Lives in Houston for Version 5.0.2
Valuable appProvides unique stats and graphics not available elsewhere. For example plots pace vs heart rate or cadence. A tremendous bargain. My favorite ios and data analytics app.By JackP2016 for Version 5.0.2
Excellent AppThis program lets you sort through your data and view either big picture (many years) or details with ease. The visualizations are in some ways more useful and give you a good view of your progress. A very nice addition to the standard Garmin or Strava visualizations and the author has kept it up to date.By UP Snowblower for Version 5.0.2
Open source!Great software, and it's open source so if i don't like something you can fix it yourself theoretically.By DarrinC for Version 5.0.2
Awesome!!!I have used this app for years. I hope Garmin never stops sharing the data, as this app does it all for me. As of today, Aug 9, 2016 it still works with Garmin. Keep up the good work, and. Thank you for regular updates. Live on forever!! 🙂By Malibu3105 for Version 4.7
Great running AppI use this app daily and have been for over 5 years. Great tool to analyze your runs.By Kyojin42 for Version 4.6.1
Still Better Than Garmin’s AppThis remains my favorite running app ever. I’ve used it for 7 years and 11 marathon training routines. The graphs and aggregated stats are easy to see, scrolling through to find past runs is much easier than other apps. It remains the best out there!By Patcalhob for Version 4.6.1
Just about all the stats you could hope forThis really is a great app. Is it a beautiful example of modern app design? No. Does it provide all the stats a fitness nerd could hope to extract from his or her data? Absolutely.By Infinite Waterbear for Version 4.5