ConnectStats is an activity viewer for Garmin Connect. It lets you review your activities, search, analysis, plot and see basic statistics on all your data collected in garmin connect from your iphone or ipad. You can read some of the motivation behind the app here or check the blog
This app is open source on github
- Detailled report on your activities, with
laps break down, map gradient, graphs and statistics
- Use gradient color to visually see on the map your heart rate, speed, power or cadence
- Calendar view of your activities
- Activity search
- Monthly/Weekly summary statistics of your activities
- Year to date or Month to date statistics
- Monthly/Weekly/Detailled Historical report and graphs on any collected data
- Display scatter plots, trend lines for both historical and track data.
- Best Rolling Plots, histograms.
- Support multiple garmin connect account simultaneously with multiple profiles.
- Support most activity types, including support for lap swimming activities from GarminSwim or Forerunner 910
- Display the location name for your activities.
- Derived metrics (stride length, Power kJ,…),
- Calculated and auto laps for arbitrary distances or time. Let’s you see you split time or distance, fastest km, etc
- Display time in zone for power and heart rate. Zones are downloaded from garmin connect.
- Best Rolling plots and lap for HR, pace and power (Critical Power Plot)
Goal of the Program
- Goal is to provide convenient and full access to all our data from your mobile device.
- The app was tested with data from forerunner, garminswim, garmin edge, garmin fenix and garmin fit app.
- It’s intended to handle large numbers of activities (tested with 2000 activities and with activities up to 6h long). For such large archives the initial download can be a bit long, especially if you have an older phone.
- The app will not let you record any activities, but only display data uploaded from Garmin Connect.
- when you start the program you will be prompted for your user name and password.
- the app will then start downloading activities from garmin connect.
- Note that this process can be quite slow if you have a lot of activities. For instance, 600 activities can take up to 3min on iphone 4, but much less than 1 minute on an iphone 5.
- You can interrupt the process at any time and it will restart where it left it when you restart the app and start refreshing.
- While it’s downloading you should be able to look at already downloaded activities but the performance will be slower than after full download completed. If any error occur during that process restart the app and it should restart the download where it left of.
- If you have issue connecting check the trouble shooting section
How to use it
- You can refresh by pulling down the activity list
- You can navigate the different tabs and touching most data will let you drill down on that number.
- You can touch a graph or the gear button to rotate through the different graphs options or bring in the graph full screen.
- You can reload an activity to update changes in garmin connect by pulling down on the detail tab
- You can see full history of any field by selecting the field name in the stats page
- You can drag to the right the detail view to reveal the sharing page for Google earth or facebook/tweater sharing
- You can tap the name of an activity to rename it. This will rename it also on Garmin Connect.
- If an activity was deleted on garmin connect, select it in the app and pull down to refresh. It will then delete it from the app.
- If you setup the withings service in the settings page, you should see in the details page the closest weight to that date and in the stats an extra scatter plot versus your weight. Currently to refresh you’ll have to go back to the settings page and press refresh. More graphs, auto refresh, etc will be added in later versions.
- You can setup strava synchronization. In that case any activity you display in the detail pane will automatically be synchronized to strava
Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- This app is not associated in any way, shape or form to Garmin. I am just an independent hobbyist who built this mostly for myself and making it available to others. This is using internet services provided by garmin which display the following license.
- Withings is a registered trademark and service mark of Withings, Inc. ConnectStats is designed for use with the Withings platform. This product is not put out by Withings, and Withings does not service or warrant the functionality of this product.
- The icons were bought form shutterstock and glyphish
- If I did something inappropriate please let me know and I’ll correct it.
- Some users initial login fails despite correct name/pwd – investigating, work around seems to uninstall/reinstall the app
- Rename an activity will failed if you use non standard characters
- Speed and Pace graph in the details window are identifcal – fixing
If you have a crash or issues with some activities you can send a bug report from the settings tab
Best app to analyze your running data!By far the best!By payinstore for Version 4.6.1
Great running AppI use this app daily and have been for over 5 years. Great tool to analyze your runs.By Kyojin42 for Version 4.6.1
Still Better Than Garmin’s AppThis remains my favorite running app ever. I’ve used it for 7 years and 11 marathon training routines. The graphs and aggregated stats are easy to see, scrolling through to find past runs is much easier than other apps. It remains the best out there!By Patcalhob for Version 4.6.1
Just about all the stats you could hope forThis really is a great app. Is it a beautiful example of modern app design? No. Does it provide all the stats a fitness nerd could hope to extract from his or her data? Absolutely.By Infinite Waterbear for Version 4.5
Great appAlmost think it’s better than Garmin Connect. Certainly works all the time — can’t say that about Garmin Connect.By Roger Wedtphart for Version 4.5
Excellent appConnectStats is seriously good and a must have for runners. Highly recommendedBy Inakira7 for Version 4.5
Cool appJust got it and never written a review but feel this deserves my first review. Will update in a while after some time running through it.By dwnht for Version 4.5
Worth itConnectStats is totally worth it. It brings up all data from Garmin in a meaningful way.By Reef bug for Version 4.5
Avid hiker and biker.The activity data is a nice complement to Strava data and appears to be a bit more granular. I like the summary data however, It sure would be nice if hiking data was also summarized. Strava does not summarize this data either. Lots of us older folk who exercise like crazy but do not run to protect knees. Since I am on the topic of hiking. An interface with The GAIA hiking app might endear you to all hikersBy BigRu2 for Version 4.4.1
Use it all the timeThis is a great way to look at all your running data. I much prefer it to the Garmin app.By highland30s for Version 4.4