ConnectStats is an activity viewer for Garmin Connect. It lets you review your activities, search, analysis, plot and see basic statistics on all your data collected in garmin connect from your iphone or ipad. You can read some of the motivation behind the app here or check the blog
This app is open source on github
- Detailled report on your activities, with
laps break down, map gradient, graphs and statistics
- Use gradient color to visually see on the map your heart rate, speed, power or cadence
- Calendar view of your activities
- Activity search
- Monthly/Weekly summary statistics of your activities
- Year to date or Month to date statistics
- Monthly/Weekly/Detailled Historical report and graphs on any collected data
- Display scatter plots, trend lines for both historical and track data.
- Best Rolling Plots, histograms.
- Support multiple garmin connect account simultaneously with multiple profiles.
- Support most activity types, including support for lap swimming activities from GarminSwim or Forerunner 910
- Display the location name for your activities.
- Derived metrics (stride length, Power kJ,…),
- Calculated and auto laps for arbitrary distances or time. Let’s you see you split time or distance, fastest km, etc
- Display time in zone for power and heart rate. Zones are downloaded from garmin connect.
- Best Rolling plots and lap for HR, pace and power (Critical Power Plot)
Goal of the Program
- Goal is to provide convenient and full access to all our data from your mobile device.
- The app was tested with data from forerunner, garminswim, garmin edge, garmin fenix and garmin fit app.
- It’s intended to handle large numbers of activities (tested with 2000 activities and with activities up to 6h long). For such large archives the initial download can be a bit long, especially if you have an older phone.
- The app will not let you record any activities, but only display data uploaded from Garmin Connect.
- when you start the program you will be prompted for your user name and password.
- the app will then start downloading activities from garmin connect.
- Note that this process can be quite slow if you have a lot of activities. For instance, 600 activities can take up to 3min on iphone 4, but much less than 1 minute on an iphone 5.
- You can interrupt the process at any time and it will restart where it left it when you restart the app and start refreshing.
- While it’s downloading you should be able to look at already downloaded activities but the performance will be slower than after full download completed. If any error occur during that process restart the app and it should restart the download where it left of.
- If you have issue connecting check the trouble shooting section
How to use it
- You can refresh by pulling down the activity list
- You can navigate the different tabs and touching most data will let you drill down on that number.
- You can touch a graph or the gear button to rotate through the different graphs options or bring in the graph full screen.
- You can reload an activity to update changes in garmin connect by pulling down on the detail tab
- You can see full history of any field by selecting the field name in the stats page
- You can drag to the right the detail view to reveal the sharing page for Google earth or facebook/tweater sharing
- You can tap the name of an activity to rename it. This will rename it also on Garmin Connect.
- If an activity was deleted on garmin connect, select it in the app and pull down to refresh. It will then delete it from the app.
- If you setup the withings service in the settings page, you should see in the details page the closest weight to that date and in the stats an extra scatter plot versus your weight. Currently to refresh you’ll have to go back to the settings page and press refresh. More graphs, auto refresh, etc will be added in later versions.
- You can setup strava synchronization. In that case any activity you display in the detail pane will automatically be synchronized to strava
Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- This app is not associated in any way, shape or form to Garmin. I am just an independent hobbyist who built this mostly for myself and making it available to others. This is using internet services provided by garmin which display the following license.
- Withings is a registered trademark and service mark of Withings, Inc. ConnectStats is designed for use with the Withings platform. This product is not put out by Withings, and Withings does not service or warrant the functionality of this product.
- The icons were bought form shutterstock and glyphish
- If I did something inappropriate please let me know and I’ll correct it.
- Some users initial login fails despite correct name/pwd – investigating, work around seems to uninstall/reinstall the app
- Rename an activity will failed if you use non standard characters
- Speed and Pace graph in the details window are identifcal – fixing
If you have a crash or issues with some activities you can send a bug report from the settings tab
Latest version crashesLatest version crashes with iOS 11.2.6. It crashes when “analyzing Feb 2018”By d_lerd_ler for Version 4.1
Straight up excellentI don’t write many reviews but ConneftStats deserves one. I use Garmin connect and strava but to compare volume and count connect stats is superior. It takes Garmin data direct and although it’s displays appear basic, they are highly detailed. It will give you detail and more insightful information about your exercise than the other app but it isn’t a replacement to them. It’s not replacing strava or Garmin Connect. I love this app and would suffer less understanding about my workouts without itBy Lives in Houston for Version 4.0.4
So much data & easily understoodThis app provides all the information I wish I could get from Garmin and Strava. I was just looking for something that would add up my monthly mileage, and I got so much more. The best part is that it's automatic and, if you choose, it pulls from more than one source. You can see maps and elevation and heart rate charts, and it digs deeply on those. IYou also get weather for each run, and if you have a Bluetooth scale like I do, you'll get your weight for the date listed right in your run log. ,Of course, you also get the monthly totals I was looking for. This app may be the most underpromkted running app worthy of trying.By Overnightwalker for Version 4.0.4
Love it.I’m not a racer, triathlete, or anything approaching competitive on my bike, but I do like to analyze my recreational and commuting rides, about 8,000 miles a year, and this app is my favorite for pulling it all in. This is what Garmin should have. If you want to go all geek on your cycling, this is the app to try, given that it pulls from Garmin and Strava, the latter making it computer agnostic.By Hodag_64 for Version 3.7
Great App.ConnectStats provides a traditional way to look at all of your running, biking, and swimming data. A great complement to Garmin Connect.By preutlin for Version 3.7
The BestBeen using for yrs!By BTabor for Version 3.7
Very completeVery nice addition to the garmin app, which is much simpler but with way less options of reading the data. These is a nice app if you do some serious (or semi-serious) running and want to analyze your runs deeper than what garmin or other watch-related apps allow you to doBy Gangelo for Version 3.6.2
Great App !Very useful app. I use it to track my kayaking and hiking workouts. I especially like the satellite map and the elevation profile features.By DCOBD for Version 3.6.2
Love this app!Been using for years. All of my cycling statistics in one great app. Love it!By Patman63 for Version 3.6.2
Excellent AppThis little program lets you have quick access to your data and view either big picture (many years) or details with ease. It's not as glitzy as the main apps but a very nice addition to the standard Garmin or Strava visualizations.By UP Snowblower for Version 3.6.2