Table of Contents
Access Denied with Strava
ConnectStats version 6.7 has a new method to authenticate with Strava. If you have issues please go to the config/service page and force a logout, login of strava.
Synchronization issue with Garmin Connect
If you make modification to your activity in the Garmin Connect Website, for instance delete an activity or modify the distance or other edit it will not reflect properly in ConnectStats when you use the new Garmin Health API service.
While I am working on fixing this, you can switch back to the old Garmin Service, by going to config, Services and Accounts, Garmin and selecting for the source Garmin Web Site.
If you have a specific activity (or activities) that need to be synchronised, one way to fix it is to select the oldest activity, in the config page, select profiles and delete some activities. It will remove from the app all the activities until the one currently selected. Then go to the services page and switch the source to Garmin Web Site.The next time you trigger a refresh it should bring back the activities with the modifications you did on the Garmin web site.
Login issue with Garmin
- Check this link which has some setup documentation for both Garmin and Strava
- Check your name or password. Sounds silly, but still had a few people realized they had the wrong password
- You have both a user name and an email address that sometime can be accepted by garmin for login. Try both to login and make sure you enter the case exactly as you see it in your profile on the garmin connect website.
- Your garmin account needs to be switched to the modern version of Garmin Connect. This is because the classic API is being decommissioned and ConnectStats now uses the modern API. If your account isn’t switched it will fail.
- Make sure you can from a web browser connect to the garmin web site and see the activities you are expecting
- Try to pull down from the activity list in the app at least two times to make sure you consistently get the error message. After a failure the app will try to delete cookie and force a login.
- Try to fully close the app and restart it. (Press home button twice, then the minus sign on the app to close it)
- If you have special characters in your password sometimes it will prevent the app to login via the direct method.
- Several people had proxy, vpn or other security related filters preventing the app to access the garmin service. This results in a “Parsing Failed” error. To check if that’s your case, connect to the garmin web side from the safari browser on your mobile device, then try to go to the following link. Make sure you get data for your activities rather than an error message.
- There is a problem with the garmin service that affected a few people. This results in partial download and a “Service Temporarily Unavailable” during download. To check if you are affected by that issue, you can login to the garmin web side and in the Activities Tab check if you can iterate through all your pages of activities with the number at the bottom. If you can’t, the app won’t be either and you should contact garmin to investigate your account.
- Check if the time on your iphone or ipad is correct, the best is to make sure the time on the device is automaticaly updated. If your device time is off it can make the garmin authentification fail.
- If all above fails or is not applicable, it appears that most people got it working by uninstalling/reinstalling the app
- If you still can’t login at this point, send me a bug report from the settings page and if you include an email I’ll get back to you after looking at your logs to see if something special is happening for you. Please let me know if you have a special character in the password, it should work but was an issue before so you never know.
Crashes can be difficult for me to reproduce, here is some information if you are willing you can send me information for me to track the problem down