At the moment ConnectStats is not working properly when using the Garmin Data from the ConnectStats Servers. I’ll explain the issue, but there is a temporary work around
UPDATE: I have a new version pending approval from Apple that will work without the work around. With version 6.2.1, if you have “all” as a source, the app will automatically go to the web site if the ConnectStats Server didn’t receive data from the Garmin Health API.
Update as of August 6th the issue with the garmin api is resolved. So no need for the work around and using all as data source should be fine.
I you are having ConnectStats not display an activity or statistics or hanging you need to
- Select the last good activity you have in your list (does not have to be the last one but a known good one)
- Go to Config, Profile and select “Delete Some Activities”. This will delete all the activities from the app up to the one you have selected. It will not delete anything on any server, only in the app local files.
- Go to Config, Services, Garmin and select for Source “Garmin WebSite”
- Close the app fully (may not be necessary, but to ensure there are nothing in the memory cache)
- Restart the app and try to download activities again.
When thing works again, you should be able to revert source to “all”, but monitor here or on twitter for message that it’s fixed
What is the issue
Since early today, the Garmin API is sending error instead of the activities files to the ConnectStats server. As a result the app is trying to go the Garmin website directly to get the fit file. Currently Garmin Connect is not letting you download fit files (if you go to garmin connect and select “export original” you will get an error), this second error is causing ConnectStats to hang on its processing queue (my bug).
If you select Garmin WebSite as a source it will get the data of your activity without trying to get the fit file and this seems to work at the moment.
I’ll update this as the situation evolve and post on twitter as well.